Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Strawberry Banana "Softserve" for Breakfast

Good morning! I just thought I'd share this quick and and easy recipe (that I of course found on Pinterest). If you are anything like me, you buy a bunch of bananas that you eat most of, but by the time you get to the last two they've started to brown and bruise and you think "I'll put this in the freezer and make some banana bread soon." Then six months later you now have 8 bananas in the freezer and zero intention of making banana bread anytime soon.

There is hope! I believe I read in Women's Health a "tip" to cut up those browning bananas into small pieces and put them in the freezer for smoothies and such. Like you probably just did, I said to myself "Duh, That's so simple!" Now fast forward to finding the soft serve recipe on pinterest.

First, put those frozen banana pieces in a food processor. I put in about 2 bananas worth because my food processor is really small. In the recipe I originally followed, it was mentioned that she had tried this in her blender and it wasn't quite the same. So, start your food processor and scrape the edges occasionally. The bananas will start getting blended and fluffy. It will take around 5 minutes, depending on the amount of bananas and the food processor you have.


I added strawberries to mine, thus the red bits floating around. I also decided to add a splash of coconut milk to add some flavor and because my food processor small I thought it might help with the blending. Once it was blended to my liking I scrapped it out and put it into a bowl.


I popped it into the freezer while I blow dried my hair (normally I would have eaten it right away), and it was still delish! I will throw out the disclamer that I would not reccomend doing this for very long, in the short time I had it in there it did start freezing a little- think of what happens when you put your DQ Blizzard in the freezer. I can see adding other fruits or cocoa and peanut butter or chocolate chips. This may be my new snack when I'm craving icecream or something sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment