As I mentioned in my previous post the guy and I celebrated our Valentine's Day a night early, but now I can officially report that it was a success and very entertaining.
We started our evening out at Seven and basically ate until we were stuffed! We started with the crab cake and bruschetta- the crab cake was good, but I might not order for myself again. I would rather eat plain crab meat and dunk it in butter than have it mixed in a thicker sauce/batter and baked. The bruschetta was nice and light and something I would definitely eat again.
The guy decided to have lobster linguini which also looked delicious, but had muscles in it (not my cup of tea). I decided to have the Lobster Ravioli and it was to die for! I wish I couldhave a small plate of this for lunch every day. It would make everyday that much better.
When our server came to wave the dessert menu under our noses we had to say no, I think I would have popped! It would have been like that Monty Python sketch.
We scooted on over to the Guthrie- I almost slipped in the snow 100 times but eventually we arrived safely. Mike Birbiglia put on a great show! He was hilarious- his show was basically a condensed history of his love life mixed with the story of his car accident that he obsessed over. You can listen to that story on this episode of "This American Life".
We stayed after the show to get pics and autographs and eventually made our way home for light refreshments. :)

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment