Here are the things I did accomplish in 2012:
6. Spend a Night in a Historic Hotel
- Hans and I spent a lovely day and night in Stillwater. We spent the afternoon on a Foodie on Foot tour where we sampled dishes at many little restaurants and learned a little about the city. We had dinner at a fun little place called Nacho Mama and we spent the night at the Historic Water Street Inn. I was a little disappointed in all of the faux wall paper and finishes around the building, but it was really cool to know little things like the bathrooms in our room was actually a vault at one time.
7. Pay Off My Debt
- This was more of a challenge to myself to put myself on a budget and prove to myself that cutting back and paying things off is not as hard as it may seem.
8. Run a Half Marathon
- I have been loving running races this year with Hans and my friends, and it gets me off my butt and moving. This past year I ran a few 5Ks, a Warrior Dash, a 10K, and (drumroll please) a HALF MARATHON! Hans and I did the half marathon for the Monster Dash this year, it definitely a challenge, but now that I know I can do it I can improve for the Lucky 7 half in March.
11. Get a Massage
- I FINALLY got a massage after 26 years of living. I decided to go to JUUT salon at Southdale and had the Chakra massage. It was unbelievable, and I cannot wait to get another one.
15. See a Show in Las Vegas
- Hans and I went out to Las Vegas for my 28th birthday. It was a blast! We also crossed another task off our list by seeing Coco in Peepshow. It was a good show full of burlesque at it's finest!
23. Take a Dance Class
- My friend Amanda and I took a chair dance class in October to cover this task. It was fun learning something new and different, at the end of the session we got to be in a performance. Our class did a chair dance to "Any Which Way" by the Scissor Sisters.
I think I'm doing pretty good. I've got a few that I think I'll get done early this year even as Hans got me a wine making kit for Christmas, I'm already wrangling a few friends in to do a triathlon with me and I continue to check movies off my list. AND I'm hoping Hans and I can take a trip down to Cancun or Jamaica or somewhere south of the border to get that crossed off! Fingers crossed we can make it happen! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment