(third post in a day! what?!)
If you remember in July of 2012, I did a no spend month. I had some debts to pay off, and I felt like it was a good challenge and I was able to get ahead in a few things. Now that Christmas is over and the big sales are long gone, it's to time to do some cut backs. I've decided to use the remainder of January and February as a timeline for round 2 of "no spend".
Refresher/Updates: I still don't have student loads or car payments, but I am sort of paying my share of the mortgage by giving Hans some rent monies. Some of the money I give Hans monthly also goes into our joint saving account and is supposed to be used for food and us stuff. (However, Hans always forgets that debit card and mine doesn't want to work at the moment.)
If you remember in July of 2012, I did a no spend month. I had some debts to pay off, and I felt like it was a good challenge and I was able to get ahead in a few things. Now that Christmas is over and the big sales are long gone, it's to time to do some cut backs. I've decided to use the remainder of January and February as a timeline for round 2 of "no spend".
Refresher/Updates: I still don't have student loads or car payments, but I am sort of paying my share of the mortgage by giving Hans some rent monies. Some of the money I give Hans monthly also goes into our joint saving account and is supposed to be used for food and us stuff. (However, Hans always forgets that debit card and mine doesn't want to work at the moment.)
I still have my other bills too, such as cell phone, internet, gym, food, and Netflix. I don't think there will be any trips between now and the end of February, with the exception of my brother's wedding reception.
Here are the for "No Spend January and February":
- No new clothes/shoes/jewelry/etc.
- No new make-up/lotions/soaps/hair products/etc.
- No online shopping - I'm looking at you Amazon!!!
- No Groupons/CrowdCuts/LivingSocials/etc.
- No unnecessary grocery trips- Plan ahead and eat the food you have!!
- No home goods- unless we NEED it
- Only 1 lunch and 1 dinner can be eaten out per week
- Only 1-3 drinks may be purchased at HH's (I tend to stay long)
- No fancy coffee drinks, only drip coffee if needed- only au bon pain
- The ONLY exceptions are things that I actually need- ie, run out of face wash, running shoes fail on me, gas, dress socks, snow pants, running jacket, new long undies
- Signing up for races is also an exception- if it keeps me working out, it's worth it!!!
I'm sticking to mostly the same rules as before, because they seem to fit now as well. I'm hoping that my DIY and Green plans for the New Year can help cut down the costs of some things. I'm also hoping that our new Costco membership will also help us cut down on a few costs of some things.
I'm hoping too that I will find some projects around the house that will keep my hands occupied and off the computer/in the store. Getting my but to the gym should also help.
Here's to paying off bills, putting money in savings and rediscovering the clothes I already own.
No comments:
Post a Comment