At first, I declared that "I'm finally going to go through the fridge and freezer and take note of what we have!!" but then I settled on giving the vegetable stock a try because I felt it was going to give me the most bang for my sad looking freezer burned veggies and what had about a day or two left in the fridge before it became a science experiment veggies.
One quick google search of "crockpot vegetable stock" and here I was at a site called The Vegan Version. I just had to throw my veggies into the crock pot with some S&P and water basically. I ended up with a very spinach heavy mix, but there is also kale, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, cauliflower and maybe some randoms, but that's about it. Sorry for no pre-broth pictures- I can only imagine the horrified looks on some faces at the site of some of my veggies, lol. But I can give you a look at what is currently brewing!
It feels good to be using those scraps that would just normally go to waste and I can't wait to see what it tastes like in another 12 hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment