Monday, April 21, 2014

April Showers

Does anyone else think April is just flying by? I feel like I've been running all over the place and still putting more to do on my plate! 

I had a nice Easter weekend- I wish I still got Monday off, but I suppose I should just start accepting that I'm an "adult" now and this is how the "real world" is. Haha.

Some highlights so far- 

RUNNING!!! I'm in marathon training mode at the moment, so much of my activities have to be planned around getting my run in. Unfortunately this has meant giving up on the whole30 challenge, it's just too much to focus on while training. The plus side to this training is that I've been able to piece in some new races along the way to help get in the miles. 

This past weekend I ran the Hot Chocolate 15K. It was a good race- but FULL of hills and wind.


I wasn't kidding about those hills...


I had a pretty good race time wise too! I love seeing improvement in myself. 



The next two weekends I have half marathons to run, I'm not sure if I'm going to strive for PR's or just getting in the miles. Maybe one of each.

Moving along...

I also took a random trip to Las Vegas!! There isn't too much to this story- we woke up on Saturday and decided to take a trip. We ended up with a room in the pyramid at the Luxor thanks to Hotwire.com. We filled our time with drinks, the pool, food and a walk to the Las Vegas sign.



And because he's just too adorable...

Finnegan just loves it when I come home (can't you tell)


Otherwise, I think the rest of my month will continue to be filled with running and rounding out final plans for my NYC trip with my mom next month. I've also purchased a new computer that isn't getting here fast enough and once it is here I plan on jumping into redesigning my website and updating my portfolio. I can do it on my laptop, it's just not as fun. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment