Friday, April 4, 2014

Whole30 Day 3

So far, today has been a good day.

Foodwise: I've stuck to the plan and didn't even need my snacks today. I think I've found the magic egg/veggie equation for breakfast (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites and a veggie mix, guac and some hot sauce... and bacon.) I'm sure sometime next week I'll be wanting to switch up the eggs (I did this last time) but I'll take that as it comes. For lunch, I had a huge taco salad with bison meat and I didn't even miss the "good stuff"- cheese, tortilla, beans, etc. I'm not quite sure what I'll have for dinner, but I'm currently thinking steak.

I never really did the pre-workout meals before, but I'd like to change that this time around. I know I have a long run tonight so, I'm trying to get a game plan- the plan calls for some protein and healthy fats- does a bowl of taco meat and guac sound acceptable? haha

Bodywise: I don't have my fog today and this morning I didn't chug my coffee. It actually lasted all day. Somehow I feel sort of lighter. That could just be that I'm shedding some of my water weight, but I'll take it. On the train home, I was thinking about this too- maybe this light feeling is coming from the fact that I haven't been snacking between meals. It's nice to come home and truly be hungry. 

Snacking can be sort of a catch-22. It fills time, it makes a movie complete, it can be a comfort, it can be a happy hour, it can hold you over until dinner- for all the good snacking can be, it can hinder your good intentions to eat well. Most often I'm not choosing the best options when I want a snack. I'll be honest when I'm tired and stressed out from my day I don't walk in my door and go "Let's get some veggies and hummus." It's usually "Do we have any tortilla chips left? I need a way to eat the rest of this cheese." I go through phases with the healthy foods and the bad foods, I just wish more often the good option seemed more appealing. I know that it's okay to eat SOME unhealthy foods, it's just not okay to do it too often. Like Jillian says 20%!


No comments:

Post a Comment