A short explanation of what Whole30 is: Eat only whole, real foods, while excluding foods like sugar, grains, dairy, and legumes which tend to cause issues in people's health and fitness. You don't count calories and the plan is pretty simple. More info here: http://whole30.com/
Why oh why am I doing this (Again!!)? Well, because myself and sugar have a very complicated codependent relationship. I love it!! Usually I have no problem with sugar. I can hide chocolate from myself. I can forget that there is ice cream in the freezer. On the rare occasion, I can even skip the dessert line at the buffet. However, if you put any kind of gummy, sugary, and chewy candy in front me LOOK OUT, it's about to go down. I'm sort of like Leslie Knope and her waffles...
What did me in this time? I found myself deeming it acceptable to eat jelly beans at 9:30 in the morning. Is it any worse than eating a glazed doughnut while drinking a mocha? Probably not, but I know it's not the best decision. It doesn't help either that working in an office is probably just as bad as working in a bakery- someone is always bringing in treats.
Basically, I am just using Whole30 as tool to cut down/out on some of my current bad habits. As mentioned above, I am wanting to cut down on my sugar intake. I'm also using it as excuse to not snack so much. When I get bored at work, I eat.
Day 1: By the end of the day I felt like I was in a fog and I started getting a headache towards the end of the day.
Day 2: I'm starting get that little fog, but I think by tomorrow I'll be fine. I'm also excited to cook some new food tonight. The chicken curry I've been eating is getting plaaayyyyyed out.

No comments:
Post a Comment