Sunday, July 25, 2010

Norway- Day 1 and 2

Greetings from Bergen, Norway!!

Two days into our trip and so far, so good. We haven't lost anyone and I'm only annoyed at a few people in our family... and that is only because we I hate being told what to do when I already know what "the plan" is.

I will start with Thursday evening... It wasn't too exciting, but we had Papa Murphy's for dinner and I made sure everything was packed. I even made new luggage ties for family.

My Friday started with us getting up early and meeting at The Copper Dome for breakfast before heading to the airport. Getting here was waaayyyy too long, but we made it and that in itself is the reward. We flew Minneapolis-Chicago-Stockholm-Oslo-Bergen. Yes, that is three layovers. The flight to Stockholm was awesome because every seat had it's own screen with movies and games. There was even cameras on the front and bottom of the plane so you could see what was below you.

Left: My little cousins waiting for our luggage in Bergen. Right: The awesome ladies room sign in Bergen.

Finally after dinner and after we said hello to some of our relatives at the Bible School, we went to bed and this is how I finished at the end of our 20 hour travel day.


After sleeping 12 hours, we woke up on Sunday ready to hit the day! I, of course after only being annoyed for 5 mins, was annoyed with my dad coming in and waking us up when we already knew the breakfast situation. So we got up and had a typical Norwegian breakfast of bread, meats and cheeses. Then we spent most of the day on a hike up a mountain.


So, the hike was more rock climbing than hiking. But it was a great time. I hope you enjoyed the picture of the view as much as we did. We even got to sign a geo-cache.

Until tomorrow (or next time.) Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment